Image Map

Time After Time by Tamara Ireland Stone: The Review

Time After Time
by
Tamara Ireland Stone

Publisher: Corgi
Buy This Book: Amazon
 Release Date: 24th October 2013 (UK)


Time After Time is the sequel to Time Between Us (you can read my review for that here) and picks up where that book left off. This time, however, we get to see things from Bennett's perspective. He is struggling to find a way to make his relationship with Anna work, having to travel from his time in 2012 to hers in 1995 is proving more difficult then he originally thought. He only gets to see Anna every three weeks and it is proving hard for both of them. While Bennett struggles to keep his visits to 1995 a secret from his parents, he begins to test what he can do with his ability to time travel. For the first time Bennett wants to break all the rules he set for himself and see if he can change peoples pasts for the better. But no good deed goes unpunished and Bennett is about to learn that a hard way.


I absolutely adored this book, it was such a different book from Time Between Us. It was so refreshing to get Bennett's point of view in this book, instead of Anna's. This way you really get to know Bennett as a character and I came to really love him as a character. The part I really loved about this book was getting to know his life in 2012, meeting his family, meeting his friends and what his life is like when he is not with Anna.
His internal struggle with his ability to time travel was something I also really loved in this book. Tamara Ireland Stone looks into Bennett's desire to help others, to change bad events that have happened whilst struggling with his worries about the consequences. We see how much he wants to just be with Anna, to not have to keep leaving her alone and waiting for him. This book made me really want Anna and Bennett to work out, but at the same time questioning whether that was possible. 

If I had to pick any faults with this book it would probably be the length. It seemed really long to me, but I still really enjoyed this book. I just feel it could have been a bit shorter and I might have enjoyed it more. 

For anyone that enjoyed Time After Time, I would highly recommend this. I actually loved this one even more than I did the first. Bennett was a bit of a question mark for me in the first book, but this book allowed me to get to know him so much better as a character and I totally fell for him in this one.
I am the first to admit that I am not a fan of romance books but this seems like so much more and I am so glad I requested in on NetGalley or I really would have missed out.


4/5 Stars


The whole time I was reading it though, I kept thinking of this:

Could not stop myself!

*I received a copy of this novel from the author/publisher/publicist via Netgalley in exchange for a free and honest review and received no monetary compensation for this review.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read this one. I had the first one on audio and I loved the voice give to Bennett so I know I will love this one too. He was such a great character.

    Ok so now every time I see the book I am going to start singing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly did start singing everytime I powered my kindle up, drove everyone around me crazy!

      Bennett in this, amazing!

      Delete
  2. I loved that this book was from Bennett's POV too. I felt so bad for him, it was like he was just existing in 2012 and he really belonged in 1995 with Anna. Great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it made me sad because I really question how realistic them being together was! And I really wanted it to work out for them! Thanks for checking my review out!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.